For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“), the data controller is VENNCOMM Limited, (a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number: 06381528) whose registered office address is c/o Wells & Associates, 10 Lonsdale Gardens, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1NU.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our site www.venncomm.com (“Our Site“). This includes information provided at the time of registering with Our Site and when requesting and/or supplying goods, services or information from/to us or third parties.
- Information that you provide to us when you register for an account either on this website or inside the VENNCOMM Talk application on your mobile device.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including email communication).
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone or in person. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys or participating in competitions. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you have no obligations to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site or otherwise with us and of the fulfilment of your orders with third parties concluded through Our Site or otherwise.
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Website statistics in the purpose of supporting its optimisation, which might include your visited pages and the overall journey followed through Our Site. Such statistics may also include details of your browser and operating system used. We would like to mention that we are not able to identify individuals based on such information.
- Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Act.
INFORMATION WE MAY ACCESS VIA THE VENNCOMM Talk APPLICATION
In order for you, a user, to access and utilise the full functionality provided within the VENNCOMM Talk application it is necessary for the application to access your device address book and the contacts stored within. When installing the application a prompt is provided requesting permission for this access, declining this request will render you, the user, unable to make group calls with the application.
What happens when we access your device address book:
• We add a contact to your device address book labelled “VENNCOMM Talk Group Call”. This contact is used when receiving and making calls from the VENNCOMM Talk application.
• We don’t take a copy of your entire address book nor do we require you to upload, or consent to upload, your entire address book.
• We do log the group calls you make with the application and the people / numbers you invite to group calls such that we may analyse usage and suggest alternative options for cost savings.
• We do not contact any people / numbers stored in your device address book without your express permission.
HOW WE MAY USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and/or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies, for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention, credit risk reduction and to pursue debtors.
- If we use a third party to host the servers on which your personal information is stored.
- In any other manner mentioned elsewhere in this policy.
HOW WE STORE, PROCESS AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that Our Site and it’s owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHORTENED LINKS
This website and it’s owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/16m4ZN2).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by our site and it’s owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and it’s owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and it’s owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Our Site offers a possibility of signing up for an email newsletter, which we use to provide subscribers with the most recent updates about a variety of products and services supplied by us. Some of the subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Act. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website.
Additionally, in compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will by detailed instead.
We would like to outline that email marketing campaigns published by this website or it’s owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
We use a number of cookies and one of the reasons for this is to help us to improve your experience on our website. We provide you with a guidance of how to adjust your settings in case you would not like to accept our cookies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Please visit the following websites if you would like to find out more about areas surrounding the protection of your personal data.
Data Protection Act:
Data Protection Act – The Guide:
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003:
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide:
Please find the privacy policies of the third party websites we use the most when sharing hyperlinks to external resources but please note the following list is not only limited to the listed websites.